Lets chat Wedding Party! These awesome guys and girls are undoubtedly some of the most important people at your wedding, so naturally you want them to have an amazing time!
So here’s just a few tips to keep your Wedding Party Portraits running smooth!
- Set aside 20-30 minutes in your timeline for your wedding party portraits, which includes the Groom with Groomsmen, Bride with Bridesmaids, and the entire Wedding Party.
- Be sure the groomsmen arrive to the portraits with boutonnieres and bridesmaids with their bouquets!
- If you have young attendants in your wedding party plan to have all photos with them done first, and then designate someone who is not in the wedding party to be responsible for them.
- Prepare your wedding party in advance by telling them what kind of photos you expect from them, especially the groomsmen!
- Be open with your photographer about what you like! Some couples are looking for sophisticated and beautifully candid shots with their wedding party, while others are downright wild! We’re on board for any of it, so tell us what you like and we’ll make it happen!
- And finally, breathe. We’ve seen brides and grooms struggle with stress during the Wedding Party Portraits because they feel like they’re responsible for finding a perfect location, keeping an eye on the schedule, and making sure everyone is doing what they should be doing and having fun. Truth? It’s not your responsibility. Your photographer should have that all well in hand, so that you can focus on more important things, like the love of your life, and having fun!